Saturday 22 November 2014

Lammily The 'Normal Barbie'


Meet Lammily the 'Normal Barbie'. This chick has been popping up everywhere today and for some reason she bothers me. The designer (a guy might I add) is said to be frustrated with Barbie's frighteningly disproportionate body and therefore has created a 'realistic' doll. With this new doll, you can buy an add on pack which includes acne, cellulite, tattoos, grass stains and stretch marks.







I can't speak for anyone else, but when I used to play with my Barbies, I'd say I was about five or six, and I wouldn't have even been aware of what these things are and why should I at such a young age?

Dolls are supposed to be fun. I never saw Barbie as a role model, she was just a toy I'd play with and I'm sure my friends and sisters were the same. My Barbies used to date Ghost Busters so what, should I now be looking for a man who hunts down ghosts because that's what Barbie did?

I think some people need to have a think before bashing Barbie and maybe take a look at social media, reality shows, movies, music videos and magazines.



Overall, I just don't think we can blame a doll for any issues we might have with our bodies and the choices we make in life. It comes down to you as a person and the people that come and go along your journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment