Sunday 9 February 2014

To-do: Be more like Iggy Azalea

                              
Where do I start when it comes to my Iggy obsession?
Well we didn't get off to a smooth start anyway. You see, when I first heard about this amazing new Aussie rapper, I was super excited. An Aussie chick rapper who was making it in America? Awesome. I immediately took myself to youtube to watch some videos. I was shocked and upset.


She was rapping with a ridiculous Southern American accent. People who sing/rap with accents other than their own make me really really angry.






Like, remember when Cher Lloyd was on the x-factor? I was basically throwing things at the telly when she was on. Like, who was this little English brat, rapping away like she was born and bred in the States?? And don't get me started on folksy-hipster singers who pronounce things in stupid 'quirky' ways.
A year or so went by, and I heard 'bounce'. The thing about it was, it was incredibly infectious. I added it to my Spotify playlist...and well, my life changed for the better. You see, Iggy is THAT cool.






Iggy(Amethyst Amelia Kelly)grew up in Mullumbimby, in northern New South Wales, Australia (near enough to Byron Bay), which is not exactly a renowned breeding-ground for world class rappers. She dropped out of high school to work and save money so she could go to America to pursue her rap career. She got on a plane at 16, and the rest is history.
Her debut album is set for release in March 2014(so far she has only released a mix tape...FYI, I don't really understand what that means)through Island Def Jam. Her newest single 'Fancy' is set for official release in  April, and features Charli XCX. Its pretty amazing. 

Now the important stuff-the fashion. To me, she is a fashion icon in the making, and I would consider a fantasy client. It would be so incredibly fun to dress her. She takes fashion risks, has fun and has a ridiculously enviable body. Like, I nearly can't write this because I feel a sudden urge to go for a run, do a gazillion crunches and some squats for good measure...nearly.

She's tall, with an amazing flat stomach, defined waist and curves that would kill. And seriously, that butt has no business being on a white chick.
         
 
Her trademark platinum blonde high ponytail inspired me to order a clip on pony from ebay. It did not make me look like her. But God loves a trier. The hair combined with her porcelain skin and flicked eyeliner, gives her a distinctive look. In theory, she is a more-ratchet Gwen Steffani, but in reality her look is uniquely her own.
 
So how do you get her look? Well, we mere mortals probably can't. If you insist on giving it a go, the main thing you will need is oodles of attitude. You need to pull off a combination of pretty and 'don't mess with me biatch'...all in a pair of Louboutins. Its tricky, but she does it. Rock a crazy-printed co-rd, some risqué cut-outs or some Jeremy Scott for Adidas and you will be on your way. Lastly, consider some butt implants to finish off the look. The butt is vital.
 
- Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment