Saturday 8 February 2014

Welcome

Welcome to The Brag Trade. We are three fashion enthusiasts living in Ireland who hope to bring you an insight into the world of fashion, art and pop culture, whilst keeping our tongues firmly in our cheeks.
We have joined forces to combine our knowledge and passions into one, hopefully entertaining blog. 'The Brag Trade' is about looking at fashion with an element of difference- no duckfaces or nonchalant hipster poses will be found. Yes, we kinda think we're above all that, because we are.
We will each be writing our own posts that express our own personal views. So here's a very quick introduction of each of us...

Sinéad is from Brisbane, Australia. She studied Drama at uni as well as some fashion subjects too, while also working as an Irish Dancer. Sinéad is a bit obsessed with models, fashion and styling, as well as some drama-geek stuff and celebrity news. Sinéad has been living in Galway for a couple of years now, thanks to her boyfriend Fergal, where she works in Fashion Retail. Her trademark bob has made her somewhat famous here- seriously, everyone wants it. The sad thing is, most of us will never have it- I don't mean to be harsh, its just something we all need to accept.

Ashlee is not exactly sure where she is from so its a difficult fact to write down. Seriously, ask her. She may tell you she is from Mayo. That will confuse you as she has an English accent. She may tell you she is from Southport, England. This will also confuse you because she will talk about growing up in Mayo. So anyway, its easiest to say that she spent most of her adult years in Galway, but is now living in Belfast working as a full time Creative Visual Merchandiser. Ashlee has an art background, and is a Tim Burton expert. Don't be fooled if you see a photo of Ash posing nonchalantly and cool- she's not. She's probably just pissed off that someone is taking her photo.

And finally, me, Emily. I am from Newcastle Australia. Have you heard of it? You probably passed the turnoff while driving up the east coast from Sydney. You didn't go there because you heard it was a hole. Well done, you clearly went to all sorts of off-the-beaten-track places like...Sydney, Byron Bay, and Cairns. Sorry, I'm a little bitter. Moving on...I have been living in Galway for the past 5 years with my Irish husband, John. I'm a jack-of-all-trades-master-of none sort- I've studied Millinery and Fashion Design and currently work in Fashion retail/VM. I am a little pop-culture obsessed and buy heat magazine regularly. But I do like to think I see the irony in most things, as I'm not a complete airhead. I have wanted a blog for ages now, but generally speaking, I think a lot of fashion bloggers are well, self-obsessed posers who can't see past their own camera lens'. So I recruited 2 of my best friends, who have also been told by many a person that they should have blogs. I figured we would have strength in numbers, and between the three of us, we might just come up with something worth reading.

So that's us. We're basically the sugababes of bloggers, except for that I hope none of us get replaced anytime soon. We look forward to sharing our views with you, and we welcome your feedback.

-Emily

1 comment:

  1. Sinéad: For your consideration: http://www.pinterest.com/dresses4women/ "Break a leg" with the new blog. ☼ George.Edw @ Gmail

    ReplyDelete