Tuesday 18 March 2014

Home on the Range: My Australian Diary, part 1

After an epic 24 hour journey from the other side of the globe, I am finally back in Australia! It's been a full year since I've been home, so it's unreal to be back with my family and friends. Plus, not to mention the SUNSHINE! It has been raining since Christmas in Galway so it feels good to be soaking up some rays! 



(Being greeted at the airport by my sister, Tyler and my mum, Sheryl)


(Back in the bush: enjoying the sunshine out on our verandah) 

Thankfully I was able to sleep on the flight home, because there was no rest for the wicked with St Patrick's Day looming. As an Irish dancer, Paddy's Day is generally our busiest day of the year so there was no time for jet lag, it was straight into my costume and into the pub for a few sets! It was a great day in Gilhooley's with the gang, plus I got my obligatory Guinness so I was happy :)


(The Watkins Academy Irish Dancers on Paddy's Day: Tyler, Laura, Anthony, Cat and myself) 


I was delighted as I successfully made the journey home using only 21 of my 30 kilo baggage allowance, leaving plenty of room for shopping! I wasted no time in hitting the shops (hello Indooroopilly Shopping Town!) so here's my purchases so far:

Colette 

(www.colettehayman.com.au)


Lovisa 

(www.lovisa.com.au)


Dissh

(www.dissh.com.au, www.lipstikshoes.com.au) 


Bardot

(www.bardot.com.au)


Princess Polly 

(www.princesspolly.com.au)



So that's me for now! There's still more shopping, eating and celebrating to be done (of course!) so I'll be checking back in with more updates from Down Under :) 

-Sinead xx

No comments:

Post a Comment