Sunday 23 March 2014

Home on the Range: My Australian Diary, part 2

It's been a full week since I've been home in Oz and amazingly I haven't melted yet!  As much as I had acclimatised to the Galway weather (cold, wet and windy), I can still handle the heat! We braved the humidity and ventured into the city centre for some sightseeing, shopping and tasty treats...

(Brisbane City) 

(The Brisbane Wheel overlooking the city)

(Walking through Southbank)

It's become an annual tradition when I'm back home to have an outing with my sister and cousins to the Max Brenner Chocolate Bar. The menu consists of delicious chocolate based desserts and drinks to satisfy any chocoholic's cravings. My sister and I opted for the 'Chocolate Pizza with a Crunch' and a tasty 'Choctail' to drink. Luckily, they offer you a doggie bag so you can take your leftovers home to enjoy later! 

(Max Brenner's Chocolate Bar)

(My sister, Tyler and cousin, Claudia) 

Luckily I got in a bit of shopping before our feast (not good shopping when you've got a belly full of chocolate!). I only picked up a few bits this time as I'd done pretty well on the last shopping trip. 

I was after some new workout gear so I decided to hit up Cotton On Body for some great pieces at a really good price. The leggings were $29.95 and the shorts were two for $30, or $20 each. Bargain!


(shop.cottonon.com/shop/body/)

As a Topshop team member, I couldn't resist checking out the new Brisbane store. With midi skirts being bang on trend this season, I splurged and picked up this gorgeous black quilted style: 


(www.topshop.com)

I also picked up a statement necklace for fellow Brag Trade blogger, Emily, from Colette. Hope you like it!!!

(www.colettehayman.com.au)


We've got some exciting plans this week (including a wedding!) so there will be plenty more to report in the coming days. Bring it on! 

-Sinead xx








No comments:

Post a Comment