Sunday 2 March 2014

Hooray for PayDay!

Payday. It happens but once a month. A week or so of living like a queen ensues- all of the things we have wanted to buy but couldn't can finally be ours...even the little things we've been depriving ourselves of in that last week- the take-away coffee, the taxi when we miss the bus, the chocolate bar to get us through the day...So I celebrated. But the thing is, I didn't go crazy- I managed to satisfy my craving for newness while spending within my means. This did require a lot restraint however, as on Saturday I hit up the Blanchardstown Centre in Dublin. For those who don't know, we don't have a H&M or Zara in Galway, so a trip to Dublin means a beeline for these 2 mecca's of bargain fashion.

Back in Galway for now...first up, on Friday I hit up Topshop. As it is my place of work, I can pretty easily justify a Topshop purchase or 2. So I did just that. Its actually been a while since something I really love came into the Galway store, and as usual, 2 things came at once that were just so me, I needed them in my life.
Firstly, this cute blue dress with daisy overlay: €52. Its so comfortable and flattering, and while I love it now with tights, I can't wait to wear it in summer(please god!) with bare legs and sandals. Then there's this orange piece of heaven, the flower lace tee: €58. I am just in love with it. It will be perfect with jeans for a fun smart/casual look or layered over my black vinyl shift dress, or clashed with another bright, like pink. While its my most extravagant purchase, I really so think it will be extremely versatile. I predict a sell-out piece!







 Next stop, Blanchardstown on Saturday. I have spent the last couple of weeks searching for a magenta/purple lipstick. After scouring every lipstick in every chemist brand, I had resigned myself to the fact that I was going to have to fork out the moolah for some MAC. Thankfully, I was wrong. I found an awesome dark purple lippy in H&M for €4.95. Its not a wine, or a burgundy, its a full on purple and I love it. Then I wandered into boots where I managed to find a ModelCo Lippy for €7.50 in a lovely pinky lilac. Finally the search was over! I lined up at the till's with my '3for2' products(the lippy, a Maybelline mascara-which was the item I actually went in for, and a Rimmel bronzer) when I spotted this Benefit 'tan about town' mini kit for a bargain €11!! amazing! I immediately ditched the mascara and bronzer I had, and picked up the Benefit. Yes, they are mini's, but for Benefit, that is still an awesome price. I love their 'bad gal lash' mascara, and I have wanted to try 'hoola' for ages, so this is perfect. The best part of all? When I went to pay, the nice lady at the register informed me that I had enough points on my card to cover the cost! yay for freebies!





Lastly, I'll share the outfit I wore while shopping on Saturday. I bought this super fun flamingo-print shirt in Penneys(Primark) in Galway on Friday. In fact its so fun that Sinead bought one too! How could you resist? Its only €10! I am a sucker for anything with a kitschy print, but I find a flamingo particularly hard resist! I wore it straight away under my black pleather-front jumper(also from Penneys), with my Topshop 'Jamie' jeans and 'Astrix' boots, hot pink vintage jacket and Topman lion necklace. 
 
 
So enjoy these next few days of living like royalty...even if you are the kind of royal who shops in Penneys!
 
-Emily
 

No comments:

Post a Comment